RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
We research, develop, and optimise water machines and auxiliary devices for exploitation of water potential and its transformation into electric energy. We are focusing research and development towards classic and alternative types of water turbines and pumps, and in the direction of alternative auxiliary systems and approaches to placement in space (pressure relief, use of kinetic energy of currents, preserving tourist and sports recreational activities on watercourses, complete studies of turbine placement in river flow or river habitat, ecological footprints, etc.). Results of our professional, theoretical, numerical, and experimental research and development work enable placement of water turbines and complete hydro-energy systems into variously demanding environments, including ecological, tourist, and socially most sensitive ones.
Research and development:
- Numeric and/or experimental research, development and optimiaztion of machines and auxiliary devices for water potential exploitation (turbines and pumps).
- Numeric and analytical sustainable-dynamic, static, and modal analyses and optimization of individual, as well as demanding components.
- Optimization of flow conditions with computer fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Complete studies for determining a turbine or a pump.
- Complete studies for placing turbines and pumps into space or river flow.
- Optimization of operation and performance of small hydroelectric power plants.
- Solving issues in operation of small hydroelectric power plants.
- Consultations in designing, construction, restoration, or improvements of small hydroelectric power plants.
- Characteristics measurement for turbines or pumps on the field.
Image 1: Strength analysis - shaft deformation
Image 2: CFD analysis - pressure distribution on rotor on the inlet side of the leading and running paddle