ZEL-EN, razvojni center energetike d.o.o
Phone: +386(0)7 33 44 600
VAT ID: 94316392
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CONTRACTING
What is Energy Performance Contracting?
It is a set of services for reduction of energy and water use, and reduction of costs for energy and water supply which include: overview of condition of energy devices, analysis of energy use and expenses, preparation of technical solutions for improving current condition, calculation of possible savings and feasibility (economics) of the project, design and planning of measures (from investments required to “soft” measures), implementation of measures, implementation of operation during contractual period, implementation of energy bookkeeping, actions and provisions of effects, agreed with the contract and, most importantly, providing sources of financing for implementation of all services. We use two main business models of contractual financing for implementation of the above stated services:
- Contractual provision of savings; and
- Contractual energy supply, but combination of both options also occurs in practice.
Scheme of energy costs energy with or without implementing an investment into efficient energy use
Source: Institute Jozef Stefan
Scheme of energy costs with or without implementing an investment into efficient energy use - considering trend of energy costs and displaying distribution of savings and costs
PE services include project preparation for Energy Performance Contracting in accordance with Directions for implementation of measures for improving energy efficiency in public sector buildings according to the Energy Performance Contracting principle, including preparation of:
- Investment documentation (identification document of the investment project, investment programme);
- Technical documentation (project design, basic design, detailed design);
- Feasibility studies;
- Concession acts;
- Tender documentation with the contract;
Described services are used for optimisation of:
- Remote energetics;
- Water supply systems;
- Energy use of public and private buildings;
- Renovation of internal and external lighting.