RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Research shows the following:
- 40% of the entire energy consumption in Europe falls to buildings;
- Fuel usage that we spend for this increases the temperature on Earth which can be seen in extreme weather conditions and in threatening disasters;
- Simple energy saving measures and minor changes in our everyday actions can contribute to environment protection and reduction of energy consumption from 10 to 60%.
- There are economically acceptable technical solutions for energetically sustainable local communities while considering suitable planning on national and local levels.
Households:The potential of energy saving in households is great, and it includes energy saving, replacement of energy sources, and changing habits. Some of the basic and affordable measures for efficient energy use include:
- Regular monitoring of proper operation of meters and other elements of the thermal station;
- Verification and insulation of pipes and valves of the thermal station, and hydraulic balancing of heating system;
- Replacement of worn-out radiators with modern and more efficient ones;
- Regular operation control of valves on radiators;
- Installation of thermostatic valves, room temperature should provide comfort;
- Connection to remote heating or replacement of fossil fuel sources with renewable energy sources, such as biomass, solar energy, etc.
- Heat loss due to ventilation can represent the biggest share of entire thermal loss, that is why rooms should be ventilated in a controlled manner;
- The purpose of ventilation is to replace the used air with fresh one. To ventilate correctly, open the windows wide for a few minutes and close the valves on radiators at the same time, then close the windows and open the valves on radiators again. With this, we achieve that the air in the room is exchanges, but the peripheral elements (walls, floor, ceiling) do not cool;
- Building entrances should have a vestibule;
- Seals on windows and doors should be checked and replaced if necessary, or seals should be installed;
- Closing mechanisms of windows and doors should be checked and repaired or replaced if necessary;
- Replacement of old windows and doors with new, energy efficient ones should be considered;
- Installation of heat exchangers should be considered.
- Natural light should be used as much as possible to light the rooms;
- Windows should be cleaned regularly, and curtains used only when really necessary;
- It needs to be verified if position and type of lights is suitable for the purpose of the rooms;
- It needs to be determined what type of lights is installed and their replacement with compact fluorescent pipe bulbs or energy efficient light bulbs should be considered;
- Lights should also be cleaned and maintained regularly;
- Lights should be turned off when there is no one present in the room;
- When shopping, modern devices should be chosen which use a very low amount of electricity while in standby mode (energy class A);
- Auxiliary electric heaters should be used only when really needed.
- Sensible use of cold and hot water.
- Controlling if water pipes are closed after use.
- Regular inspection of water-supply network and prompt replacement of used seals or broken valves.
- Considering installing aerators on water taps.
Industry:New companies in planned industrial zones should perform energetic inspections in parallel with use of natural gas. Based on results, measures for implementation of energetic savings should be encouraged. Implemented measures that usually bring energetic savings in industrial plants may include the following:
Energy-efficient heating (modern condensing boilers, regulation, etc.):
- Utilization of waste heat for heating rooms and sanitary water;
- Temperature control in rooms;
- Creating rules on temperatures in rooms;
- Daily monitoring of fuel use for heating in dependence from external temperature;
- Cost analysis of using local electric heaters.
- Turning off when lighting is not needed;
- Local lighting;
- Energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Weekly monitoring of water consumption by individual branches.
Optimization of technological processes.
Research and development services:
- Consultations on energy efficiency in buildings
- Consultations on efficient energy use
- Consultations in exploitation of renewable energy sources in buildings
- Optimization of mechanical characteristics of façade and roof elements of a building
- Preparation of energy use studies in new and existing buildings
- Preparation of studies for technical and economical viability of measures of energy efficiency improvement
- Development of technology for municipal waste processing and for energetic exploitation of residual waste
- Development of new materials from construction waste
- Research, measurement, and analyses for creating experimental projects and significant improvements for energy efficiency of objects and production processes
- Pre-preparation of sludge samples with laboratory chopping mill
- Determining moisture content in running porous and solid materials with MRS-120-3 moisture analyser.
- Determining biochemical need for oxygen in oxidation of organic and inorganic substances in water with micro-organisms with OxyTop measuring apparatus
- Engineering services, technical consultations, and entrepreneurial and business consultations